Always on snow patrol? Don’t let the winters’ keep you at bay from enjoying the beautiful season. Winter is a lovely season; watching the snowfall from your comfortable chair is magical. It is a serene beauty. But when it comes to shovelling the snow away from your driveway, then it doesn’t seem so cosy and comfortable. How to make it easy? How to spend time with your family? Weekdays from the office, less quality time to spend with family is already exhausting.
Here are twenty hacks for effective snow removal. So enjoy the happy weekend, and don’t spend all your precious time removing snow.
- Cooking spray – you can use cooking spray on your shovel as it helps snow not stick on your shovel and makes the snow removal smooth.
- Double up the socks -wear another pair of socks over your boots or shoes so that you don’t fall while shovelling.
- Use updated shovels – you make your shovelling less tiresome; use the new and comfortable shovels to experience smooth shovelling.
- No instruments – if you don’t have a snowblower or shovel, then you need not worry. Use the plastic trap overexposed areas like the sidewalk, cars and walkways. Do it when you anticipate snowfall. After the snowfall, just pulls the plastic traps, and you work complete.,
- Schedule – set a plan for snow removal. It helps in not accumulating intense snow and halves your work. You can lightly shovel in every 2 or 3 hours. This is the best way.
- Melt your ice quickly – Use the solution of 1 teaspoon of dish soap, ½ gallon of water in the bucket, one tablespoon rubbing alcohol, and the mixture is ready. Pour it where it is needed the most.
- Leaf blower – for the light and fluffy snow, keep your leaf blower out in the winter. It quickly removes the snow and cleans up the area.,
- Shovel attachment – there are shovels available in the market that provides the shovel attachment. You can put it to great use by adjusting the attachment to the position from where you feel comfortable. It will support in not getting any back strain.
- Driveway snow removal – One of the best hacks is to turn on the defrosting mechanism front and back, crank the heat to full blast and then all the cold snow will come out. After all, who doesn’t t want a warm cosy environment after shovelling in cold, windy snow?
- Vacuum – use the vacuum to remove the snow or ice. It is of great help.
What else could you do to avoid all the tiresome work? It also helps you in keeping all the mishaps at bay. You can opt for an excellent reliable snow removal service. QLawn is one of the best to provide services on snow removal and ice treatment. When choosing a snow removal service, finding the right agency that does their work full-time and not just the side work is challenging.
What all Hacks you can Apply to Snow Removal Services?
- Start as soon as possible – if your lawnscaping organisation allows you to remove snow, what is the wait for? Ask them to provide you with the snow removal services. Book your appointment as early as possible, and don’t wait for your snow to come down; otherwise, you will be the last on the list.
- Estimate – ask as many questions as you want but get the correct calculation of their services. Shovelling services, driveway snow removal services, parking lot snow removal or home snow removal services. Every service is different, and what the organisation is offering will come to know only when you ask.
- References – don’t just stick to one but ask many service providers, visit your neighbourhood, and ask which snow removal company they opt for. Connections help you in getting a better picture of which snow removal company is the best.
- Price – ask for the price. Ask in detail whether they are charging extra for treating ice and driveway. Usually, the price depends on the length of your driveway. Keep the snow removal process in the budget and opt for a service that offers both quality and pocket-friendly.
- Equipment – Make sure that the organisation has the required updated equipment, and they do not show up the shovels in their hands.
- Authentic process – ask your company for the process. Don’t keep any doubts. If the storm arrives, they give a call? Will they clear up space more than once? Where would the snow go? Don’t let the snow accumulate at others’ place. Follow the authentic process of snow removal.
- Liability – make sure the company carries liability insurance in case your property gets damaged.
- Contract – any reputed company will ask for the contract. Understand the agreement and your obligations on cancelling the contract.
- Apps – use apps you stay updated on the weather forecast. You should be ready with the help.
- Personnel – don’t forget to ask for the quality of service their labour provides. Go for professional snow removal personnel.